VMware KB: Storage migration fails with the error: Could not complete network copy for file.
[FFAD0B90 info ‘Default’ opID=5396BFB0-00000185-d3-8c] [VpxLRO] — ERROR task-33645 — — nfc.NfcManager.copy: vim.fault.NetworkCopyFault:
This issue can occur due to high network latency or packet loss in the environment.
To work around this issue when the network latency or packet loss cannot be reduced, increase the NFC timeout value on both the source and the destination host.
To increase the NFC timeout value:
- Open the vpxa.cfg file using a text editor.
The vpxa.cfg file is located at:
- ESX/ESXi 4.x – /etc/opt/vmware/vpxa
- ESXi 5.x – /etc/vmware/vpxa
- Locate the <nfc> section within the file and modify it to:
<!– 10 min client read timeout –>
- Save and close the file.
- Run this command to restart the vpxa service:
service vmware-vpxa restart